Tuesday 21 February 2012

El Shaddai Ascension of the Metatron Impressions



This game has been out for a couple of months now and I'd only heard little bits about the game so I had no real motivation to play it but none the less I put it on my LoveFilm list because my ethos is to play every game that comes out, or as many as I can, it took till the time of writing for them to send it me, I'm writing this after only playing the first two chapters or levels because I think it is worth a mention.

From what I've played so far this game is amazing, as I said before I'd heard little bits about it, mainly commenting on the art style, and I must say the art style is outstanding, the game world is absolutely beautiful, it is a pleasure to traverse the world and so far each level has been varied. The art style rather bizarrely reminds me of Child of Eden, mostly in the vividness of the colours.  

My first impressions of the combat and the enemies are also very positive, the enemies are very well designed and unique, its exciting to reach the next stage of the game to see what new enemies you will be faced with, and this hasn't been the case with a game for me for some time now. The combat is very fast and fluid, you can fight on the ground or in the air and these synchronise seamlessly.

As I stated before I am not far into this game so I will do a full review after I complete the game but I felt this  needed a good word said about it and more people should have a look at this game.

The art style is stunning 


    

No comments:

Post a Comment