Monday 6 February 2012

X-Men Destiny Mini Review


X-Men Destiny is one of them low budget games that comes out under the radar and has almost no marketing, I only stumbled across this game because it was on my LoveFilm list from last year, so as you would expect I didn't hold much hope for this game, but as always I gave it a chance, and I was pleasantly surprised.

I'm not trying to kid everyone here, this game does have its problems and is in no way an excellent game but I think that it has something to offer on a basic level. I am a massive Marvel fan therefore I play all these Marvel releases and admittedly some of them are god awful, Thor springs to mind, but every now and then there is a little gem of a game that no one will here about but has good things to offer, such as the Captain America game, and this is one of them games.
The brightness of the colour pallet is a welcome change  
The amount of cameos in this game is definite fan service to any fan of superheroes, you have the big names like Wolverine but you also have less iconic heroes such as Nightcrawler or my  person favourite Gambit. The RPG elements to the game are simply but still add extra depth to the game. There are many problems with this game, the repetitive combat for a start and the shortness of the game but if you are the sort of gamer that can appreciate pure fun then you will be able to get some enjoyment out if this little title, I would compare this to Dead Island, that game had so many problems but the core elements of the game where fun and you enjoyed playing it for reasons not obviously clear and this game is very much the same, I'm not saying buy this game but as a rental it will give you a quick blast of superhero fun


6.4/10                                Buy or Rent .... Rent 

No comments:

Post a Comment